2005-09-21

Tender Emotions

Watching the movie Boys Don't Cry is intense. After seeing graphic portrayals of rape and murder, I head toward lunch, muttering to Lacey about how there's no way I'm going to be able to eat anything. With my head full of thoughts, looking at the cafeteria food makes me even queasier until... OH MY GOSH! CHICKEN TENDERS! Suddenly, my appetite returns, and I shovel five onto my plate, finishing one before I reach my seat. Though Lacey continues to grumble (about the film), my stomach does not, as I am stuffing it with chicken goodness. I get up for seconds, grabbing four more, deciding that nothing in the world can possibly be that bad if you have chicken tenders. Seriously, they should serve this shit at funerals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't believe you ate 9 chicken tenders. ive never seen you do that before, so why should i believe you now?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, when did you start eating stuff other than Kraft Macaroni and Cheese without the cheese? Are you eating carrot sticks now, too???