2005-12-02

Trust the Midget

Recalling the comedy show I had such a blast at, I note that the advertisement poster featured all of the comedians except for the midget. I make the unintentionally offensive comment that they probably did it so as not to "attract the wrong crowd." Some take that to mean that I didn't want other midgets to show up, but I clarify that they wouldn't want people coming to specifically laugh at a midget, to which Alec astutely points out that his whole routine revolved around having people laugh at him for being a midget. He expresses irritation, because the first thing the midget did when walking on stage was to point to Alec and say, "See, that guy is looking at me and saying, 'Oh look, a midget!'" and act as if Alec had been making fun of him all along.

Alex declares, "Oh please, the midget wouldn't just make that accusation out of nowhere." As Alec tries to explain that he was just a patsy in the midget's bit, Alex loudly screams, "I trust the midget! I trust the midget!" And that - that was funnier than anything that happened at the comedy event itself.

No comments: