2005-12-28

I'll Give You a Dime Not to Give Me That Nickelback


Enough time has past that I feel I can officially announce a success of mine: After nearly five months, I still have avoided listening to the newest Nickelback song, "Photograph."

If that doesn't seem like a big deal, let me assure you that it is. As a recovering pop culture addict, I used to require myself to know all of the top songs. Were I still as ill as I once was, I would have "Photograph" downloaded and memorized, regardless of whether I enjoyed it.

This summer, when I found myself about to download the tune fully expecting mediocrity, I stopped myself, realizing that while this move would be one small step for someone with musical taste, it was one large step for Kevin-kind.

Since that day, I have yet to hear it. On the few occasions I've been listening to the radio and the song begins to play, I promptly change the station. Proudly, I have no idea what the song sounds like. Of course, chances are that I more or less do know what the song sounds like, as this website proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that all of the band's songs are alike anyway. Remarkable, isn't it?

No comments: