2005-12-20

Abort!

I am notoriously awful on the phone. Last week, I placed a horrendous call and got the person’s voice mail. I began stammering a message about how she was going abroad, so I might not see her again. Oh, but I’d like too! But if not, oh well… It was coming across horribly; if I hadn’t realized that fact on my own, I had about a dozen people sitting in the room with me, listening to me go down in flames and giving facial expressions to indicate their horror. Still, I had to push on. The other thing is do you still have my tape of The Blair Witch Project? ‘Cause I want it back… if you have it… Ummmm… all right… bye. Groaning can be heard from every corner of the room. Someone even slapped emself on the forehead. Finally, I learned that I wasn’t as bad on the phone as I had previously suspected: I was worse. Also, I learned that if you push #, it’ll cancel your message in progress. That’ll come in handy.

No comments: