2005-12-19

Change

Change is good. I realize this fact and could wax philosophically on the topic for paragraphs on end if you’d like.

That said, I also hate change. Oh my gosh, when certain things in my life change I want to vomit in rage.

Two things have changed since the last time I was at home in Connecticut and I cannot handle them:

Cable channels. Cripes, they’ve gone and renumbered all the stations so I have to consult a guide rather than my memory to find VH1, Comedy Central, AMC and the like. If I were interested in reading, I wouldn’t be watching television, thank-you-very-much.

Silverware. My parents have gone and replaced our old silverware with new, shiny, ridged utensils. It sounds ridiculous, but I have trouble eating with them. It’s like eating in an entirely new way, as if my tongue itself were replaced.

That’s just my two cents. Keep the change.

No comments: