2007-06-10

A Concerted Effort to Have You Join in the Merriment

I almost patted myself on the back for becoming a more frequent concert-goer recently, until I remembered that though I have indeed seen four live shows in the past month, all four have been of 90 Proof. Not that that's a bad thing; in fact, I've become quite chummy with the members of the band; they named me the "#1 comeback fan" since I have reemerged after a year's absence.

Thanks to my connected friend RJ, I've learned that the world's largest Sound of Music sing-along is happening at the Hollywood Bowl on 6/30. Imagine the excitement of dressing up, heckling the film, and playing my favorite game. Every once in a while you have to do something ridiculous, and I think this is a must. Let me know pronto if you're in. The cheapest seats have already sold out, so I intend to purchase the next-cheapest seats by Friday.

Even more importantly, the Polyphonic Spree is coming to Los Angeles. I practically insist that everyone I know who is available attend this mind-altering concert. To tempt you, I will share this newly released music video.


At first, I thought the video wasn't loading properly and skipped a lot, only to learn that it's actually a compilation of 70,000 still photographs, which is awesome. Watching it practically makes me salivate. I'm not sure the stilted motion is entirely representative of the energy the show brings, but I'm enamored all the same. If you've spent a period of your life confined by braces, you owe it to your smile to allow it to be stuck in a permanently on position at this show for a couple of hours.

No comments: