2007-06-12

Livin' on a Prayer

I'm sorry I've been overloading y'all with videos lately. I'm not going to lie, it's typically because I'm too lazy to write. Sometimes I try to construct a post around a video to feel better about the activity, since this blog is supposed to be my mode of forcing myself to write on a regular basis. Still, "putting in a video" is, in fact, cheating. As a teacher, I don't even resort to this cop out. I suppose the effort that gets put into not showing a video to my students results in less time and more videos for my blog readers. Why am I even explaining this? Kevin, you're babbling again.

As you might expect from this lead up, I'm showing you a video again for a couple of, what I feel are, valid reasons. 1) It's my birthday. Don't dwell upon this fact, I'm not one to get worked up on this sort of thing. 2) It's so good. I've been looking for this video for more than a year since the lovely, hysterical Enid introduced it in class.

After avidly avoiding Bon Jovi for most of my twenty-four years [insert obligatory yet genuine I'm-getting-old birthday shudder], I came to find them to hilarious to ignore further. I believe it was a karaoke performance I witnessed of "Livin' on a Prayer" that made me think twice. How ridiculously, enjoyably over-the-top it is. It just screams "scream me!"

This video, nay, piece of art (it was screened at some notable film festivals), features the aforementioned Bon Jovi song in a brilliant way. A single person accompanies emself in a four-part harmony. The result is positively delightful.


Whoooah!

No comments: