2006-10-15

Small Seats

While I thought I've been having classroom furniture issues, Jessica just received a distressing email. On Friday, her school removed all of its furniture in anticipation of receiving new items over the weekend. When the weekend shipment arrived, however, it quickly became clear that an error of some sort was made, as all of the new desks were for kindergarten students. Jessica is now freaking out, because she has nowhere for her students to sit for at least the next couple of weeks. Though her concern is understandable, her nightmare would be my dream come true. I love being condescending with my students, so treating them like the kindergarteners that they are, or forcing them to cram their giant asses into an insufficient seat or sit on the floor would be the highlight of my short career. More than ever, I wish I could teach at Jessica's school.

No comments: