2005-11-11

Wine Whine

At senior seminar class on Monday, my classmates brought seven bottles of wine for about a dozen of us. As I understand it, it's a sophisticated ritual for mature adults to discuss intellectual matters over cocktails. For this reason, I agreed to partake, otherwise, I totally don't think it's appropriate for students to drink in class... or anywhere, really.

As time passes, one glass of wine turns into... oh, I don't know, but it might rhyme with my name, Kevin. I'm not classy, so I don't usually drink wine, so I was pleasantly surprised to find how, let's say "educated" I became toward the end of the class. Under some circumstances, this state might be wonderful; alas, I had to give a presentation worth 10% of my grade at the end of class. Truthfully, I can't recall what exactly I said, but it certainly all went downhill when, mid-presentation, I began choking on a freshly Foreman-grilled grilled cheese. How high society of me.

No comments: