2005-11-06

I Don't Endorse Endorsements

Call me old fashioned, but I take my voting privileges seriously. This Tuesday, California has its special election, and I've been reading up on all of the propositions. While most people seem to trust the recommendations of their affiliated , I like to reach my own conclusions on this type of thing.

Prop. 77 is about the exciting topic of redistricting. Someone came up with the ludicrous idea that we should let a trio of retired judges impartially determine districting lines instead of the politicians themselves. The commercials against this proposition feature three scowling old white men in black robes. These are the same actors that play the greedy insurance lawyers in the commercials that deliver the line "They hired Maloney and Maloney? We better settle this one." One of the main arguments against it is that the judges, since not directly elected, are not held accountable to the voters' scrutiny. Has anyone ever not voted for someone for something as unglamorous as redistricting? If anything, redistricting is manipulated in such a way to force people to vote for certain candidates. Propaganda is hilarious.

Since many seem to rely on what others tell them anyway, here are the Kevin Babbles official endorsements:
73: no
74: no
75: yes
76: no
77: yes
78: no
79: yes
80: yes

Keep in mind, I also endorse bestiality, so you should really make up your own mind.

No comments: