2005-10-25

R.osa I. P.arks


Why is everyone so sad that Rosa Parks died? She was ninety-two; if I live to be that age, please kill me. She had a long life, and a nice one at that, save for that one unfortunate night in the drunk tank. Furthermore, Outkast wrote a song about her, so her chances are pretty good that she'll earn her spot in history.

In sixth grade, when I had to write a biography on someone for Black History Month, I chose Rosa Parks because, at that age, I was hardly original. The only detail I can still recall is that when Rosa misbehaved, her grandma would whip her with a switch. In fact, I think 90% of my biography focused on her childhood because that was as far as I read in the research books; I imagine she amounted to something in her adult life, I just never got that far. Still, I can honestly testify that she was one hell of an adolescent.

Here's to you, Rosa. I hope they let you ride in the front of the Hearse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about Belgian chocolate
. You can check it out at Belgian chocolate


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

Anonymous said...

i could have sworn shes been dead for years... hmmmm good thing i read your blog daily to hear about the news.