2005-10-15

Cuckoo for Cocoa

The cafeteria served funny cupcakes yesterday, decorated with frosting and chocolate chips to form a smiling face. Given their novelty, Michael Michael, Amelia, and I all had to help ourselves to one. Quickly, we discovered that these were the richest, chocolatiest (a word? spell-check doesn't think so) cupcakes in the world. Since I'm not one for chocolate, after taking a few bites, I declared myself a vegetarian, or more accurately, decided I would no longer eat anything with a face.

Before Amelia began hers, Michael Michael offered her a dollar to eat it in one bite. After some basic negotiations of the terms, Amelia attempted to shove the cake in her mouth. Alas, there was so much that when she tried to cram it in the middle, cake came pouring out the corners of her mouth. While trying to chew, she snotted herself, unable to clean the mucus off her face because the cake caked to her hands, as well as her hair, and possibly, her brain. Eventually, she had to admit defeat and spit it out. While trying to clean herself up, she said it was the most miserable experience ever, vowing never to accept a bet from Michael Michael again. Never ever ever!

Spying my partially-eaten cupcake, Michael Michael offered her $1.50 to try again with mine. Amelia asserted there was no way she was doing it, that there would be no further bets between the two of them. $1.60? No! Never! $1.65? Before you know it, Amelia was shoveling the frosted mess into her mouth again. This time, though, she nearly threw up. Dejectedly, she had to spit the entirety into a napkin and, again, declared that she would not accept another bet.

A dollar sixty-five says that won't hold true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY!! HEY!!!!!!!! As if laughing at me outloud as I snotted myself wasn't enough, now you have to get the rest of the world to laugh at me too? Who knows who all even reads this thing... Now everyone's gonna know how cheap I am! Hey- wait a minute- maybe they'll all start offering me money for embarassing tricks too. This might have been a brilliant business tactic for me, Kev. Thanks!