2005-10-09

Boo!

Last night we went to haunted mazes located on the Queen Mary (I smell a story line for Arrested Development's Tobias), but unfortunately I couldn't get scared. Each time I turn a corner, I know there's a good chance that something's going to jump out at me. I'm too aware of what's going on and can't escape from my own head in order to get into the moment. Kat suggested that I'm too smart for this kind of thing, then proposed that I squint as I walk through the mazes because that definitely makes it scarier. Apparently I'm not that smart, because I took her advice with no success only to find out she was completely bullshitting me.

Later we met some drag queens by Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles (for those of you from the east coast, it's a phenomenon you just wouldn't understand) and they asked us to join them at a bar somewhere; Alex guessed it was located in "Tranaheim." Instead, we opted to go home, but we were approached by some sketchy character asking for a jump. Preston said sure, and we were directed to bring the car back to a dark alley. After not being frightened all night, suddenly I had something to legitimately be scared of. A quick consensus was reached: speed away and don't look back. It was possibly a mean thing to do, but I kind of like not being shot in the head for my wallet. Kind of.

No comments: