2007-09-03

The Amputee

Are we ready for another found photo?


Though I'm smitten with the little boy wearing the Disney's the Jungle Book tiny red shorts while giving himself the Heimlich, he's mere scenery in this photo. It's all about the girl on the right. I think what first attracted me to this photo was that the girl looks a lot like my mom did at that age, they even wore the same type of funny glasses. On second glance, however, I noticed a way to differentiate this girl from my mother: MY MOTHER HAS ALL FOUR LIMBS! Seriously, look closely. That girl has one arm and one leg. On America's Next Top Model, Tyra Banks will often criticize contestants for producing pictures that conceal their neck or the occasional foot. The angle of this photo, however, has managed to do the near impossible and present the illusion that she is missing entire major appendages. That, or she's really missing them and has a keen sense of balance. Either way, I'm pretty freaked out.

No comments: