2006-04-21

Done with Feces

Two days ago, I had every intention of skipping out on my three hour class in order to keep working on the thesis. On my way to my bike, however, I passed my professor having a conversation with someone. Doing my best to avoid eye contact, I walked briskly by, so as not to get caught. A moment later, though, Prof. Enid stuck her head out of the door to say, "Hey, Kevin!" Upset, I turned my head and weakly replied, "I'll be there in a bit." There was no way to pretend that incident didn't happen, so of course I had to show up for class now. Snakes on a plane.

Before class even starts, a group of photographers enter the classroom and ask if we'll pose for the school's PR material. Professor Enid was embarrassed because she looked particularly scholarly in her t-shirt, jeans, and candy necklace. I was even more embarrassed because this one photographer practically put the camera in my face as I had to behave as though I didn't realize I was being photographed, all while looking positively gross with my unshowered body, I'm-not-shaving-until-I-finish-my-thesis patchy facial hair, and fuck-it pants.

Once class started, Enid admitted that she was surprised to see any seniors in class since our theses were due the next day. When asking about our progress, I felt comfortable enough to confess that I had no intention of showing up today until she caught me. She explains that she didn't want to snub me by not acknowledging my presence earlier, and that she felt horrible for accidentally forcing me to come to class. Then she insisted that I leave. I love Enid. Especially her candy necklace.

But let's get to the good news: my thesis is done. Whew. If you're a patron of this blog, you should be excited because that means I will have more time to share my life with y'all again. Although since most of my friends have their theses (or as we like to call them around here - "feces") due this week, I can't promise that much exciting will happen anytime soon. Except for being impregnated by a dinosaur -- that I can pretty much guarantee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shhhhawweeeet