2006-01-19

M-L-K

Somehow I failed to recognize Martin Luther King Jr. Day this past week. Ever since then, I've felt like a racist. But I'm not a racist: I even like some ethnicities. In an effort to prove this fact to you, I thought I'd pay tribute to Dr. King . Of course, I'm highly inappropriate, so I can't actually take this task on myself.

Instead, I turn to Angela. Angela is a truly talented six-year-old from Harlem who made a record in the early 70's in the hope of spreading positive messages to the world. The song entitled M-L-K actually moved me tears, though not in the way you might think. In my opinion, it takes a morbid turn when she focuses so much on MLK's death.

--------
If you can't get enough of Angela, and I assure you that all of her songs are magical, you can find more at the good folks of wfmu.

And much credit to Alex who brought Angela to my attention.

No comments: