2011-05-07

OH AY OH AY!!

Yesterday's Rhythm post had me on YouTube more than usual. While I typically ignore the comments section out of fear that stupidity is contagious, I couldn't help but look at the top rated comments for each song. Let's start with Gloria Estefan's "Rhythm Is Gonna Get You":


I can't help but laugh at the image of "raping the hell" out of search engines by typing "OH AY OH AY!!" Cybersex: you're doing it wrong.

I was legitimately appalled by the homophobia in the two top comments attached to the video for AC/DC's "Girl's Got Rhythm."

If you browse through all the comments, you'll realize that even gay people don't talk about gay people as much as AC/DC fans do. Maybe if the music was actually good, you would have to bully people into liking it.

But every once in a while, you find a legitimately funny comment, like this one on DeBarge's "Rhythm of the Night":

I mean, sure, the person misspelled "mustache", which is unfortunate because there is already more than one acceptable spelling, but like, yay for being less stupid than 90% of YouTubers!

No comments: