2011-04-05

UConn Wins


UConn won the NCAA basketball tournament last night.

That news would normally be followed by an exclamation point or four, but it's hard to muster the enthusiasm with everyone talking shit about the game.

My two favorite teams, UConn and Butler, made the finals. This conclusion is unprecedented in the life of sports-watching Kevin, especially since I tend to root for the underdogs. To be fair, both of these teams were underdogs coming into the tournament, but proved their talent and determination.

I'm not going to pretend the game was a pretty one, but I'm also not going to agree with the hoards of sports pundits who call it the worst/ugliest championship game in all of sports. It was still a hard-fought game, and if it had occurred at any point prior to the final game, it wouldn't have blemished the accomplishments. However, since it ended on a strange note, many keep commenting that the title deserves an asterisk.

To that, I say PHOOEY. All y'all are just jealous that UConn refused to lose whenever it counted. Connecticutians don't have much - don't take our college basketball from us, too! You may have managed to take the excitement from me, but you won't succeed at making me sad. You see, I can't feel sad because I'm already indifferent.

That's right, I'm indifferent. I'm not about to let sports make me feel bad. Fanaticism is stupid anyway. I was in for the excitement, but I'm not up for getting upset about something as trivial as a sports game. If you want to keep shitting on UConn's win, that's on you, but I'm going to go back to not caring about sports again for a while... at least until I forget why I developed that stance in the first place.

No comments: