2011-02-09

Shopping Tip

People say not to go to the grocery store when you're hungry, and I've found it to be good advice. If I go while my stomach is rumbling, I act like a squirrel gathering acorns before a winter of hibernation.

Today I tried going to the supermarket immediately after eating. While full, however, nothing seemed appealing. I walked down all twenty-something aisles yet I could not be bothered with even foods that I normally enjoy. After having made my way through the entire store, I realized that the only item in my basket was kale.

So tonight I ate kale. And tomorrow I will have to go back to the grocery store again because I need more food than kale. Moral of the story: have a light snack before grocery shopping.

2 comments:

Ted said...

Your blog has been killing it recently, 2 real.

Anonymous said...

HAHA! who knew you ate kale?!!? i could have cooked up a killer kale recipe over christmas, if i only knew! although dad would have put a stop to that seeing that after i put 2 things in the cart (asparagus and brussel sprouts) he goes 'that's it! that's enough! no more food' ummm