2011-02-05

A Comment on Commenting

A quick housekeeping note: as my blog continues to grow, I find myself more susceptible to spam comments. I’ve previously never enabled the “word verification” option, which requires commenters to type in a series of letters and numbers as it is obnoxious, but things have gotten out of hand. Hopefully this extra step will not discourage you from commenting; rest assured, you can still comment anonymously.

Though this precaution will probably not eradicate the spam comments altogether, it’ll hopefully make the problem more manageable. That said, I will miss some of the spam. While most of the comments are gibberish, links, or in foreign languages, some of them are downright hilarious.

There are the semi-coherent comments attached to posts that weren’t the least bit informative:

Excellent type. I am just seriously happy for your good information

I ascertain this material very important. Thanks a lot for the precious information and insights you have consequently furnished at this site. Keep writing!


Others went so far as to tell me that they used my content for a college assignment. The best was a response to my former student’s horrible How to Make a Paper Airplane essay. I almost hope it wasn’t spam:

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

There are spam comments (I think) warning me about other spam comments:

I love your site, but honestly tell you that you need more for him to monitor those who commented with your records

There are others that use highly provocative search terms that, in turn, lead lusty Googlers to my site instead of the site they link to:

hot horny guys
girls getting their pussy cherries popped
tall blonde milf
british asians sex videos
les strip club Houston


There is this brief one that showed up dozens of times without an accompanying link; I’m still not sure it wasn’t a friend playing a trick on me:

i love big fat cocks uk

There is one comment that can’t decide whether it wants to be inspirational or WE’RE ALL GOING TO DIE:

A friend of mine mentioned 2012 last night to me and it's the first I heard about it so I jumped on here out of curiosity. I think it's kind of sick and sounds like a bunch of skeptical jargon.
I choose to live every day like it is the last because let's be real, WHO THE HELL KNOWS what is going to happen or when it's your time to go on. The past is history, the future is a mystery and now is a gift, thats why it's called the present. It's not healthy to sit around and trip out about when you will die. Stop wasting your time you have now.


And one of my all time favorites is this lengthy piece of fiction. I’m not sure whether to be aroused or cry:

For now, we rely on Jarak and hope Savous and Hyle get back in time. Dirt and grime smeared his skin, and his sleek hair was a knotted, tangled mess. He nodded, slid an arm about Irins shoulders, and led his truemate from the room. But the vetriese… Irin paused. He hadnt used that soothing tone for many nights. He pulled her into a hug. She shook her head. She grinned at Eyrhaen, smoothing a hand over the white patterns etched in Hyles chest. They had always done all they could for her, even when she was difficult. I…didnt realize until recently thats what Id done, but its true. Tykir had a warmer heart than that. Tykirs soft words stopped her. Thoughts rolled over one another in her head. Three sets of eyes focused on her as Tykirs cock hovered at her pussy. Tykir shook and shattered, eyes closing on a heartshattering moan. She collapsed into a gooey, shuddering heap. He tilted his face back up toward her. But the look on your face tells me theres more. Sex is one thing —which he very well knew— actual children is another. I havent the time nor the inclination to come up with a spell just now.

Good bye, spam. I'm sure you'll find nice homes elsewhere on the internet.

1 comment:

R.J. said...

Speaking of spam, I got the following text message the other day:

"Please reply with YES to confirm your subscription to the GW Cancer Institute's Breast Self Exam text reminder program. Message and data rates may apply."
It's awful to think that someone out there might be missing out on their reminders for self breast exams.