2011-02-19

Daily McBeal




Hey, I started a new blog called Daily McBeal, a daily dose of Ally McBeal.

I went back and watched the entire Ally McBeal series in the past few months. Since it was one of my favorite shows as a teenager, I was curious whether it would hold up. At the time, I remember thinking that Ally was my ideal mate. No, it had nothing to do with her stick thin body, I just related to her openly neurotic tendencies. I'm proud to report that somewhere over the years I've lost my attraction to people who are fucked up. Thanks maturity!

But the show is still funny! Well, the early seasons anyway. At its best, though, Ally McBeal is great, even inspiring me to want to go to law school. Once I reflected on the fact that no real court cases are as whacky and profound as those that the characters faced on a daily basis, I thought better of this aspiration.

I've come to discover that a lot of people consider themselves bloggers without creating any original content, instead reposting others' words and images. These blogs are even often the most popular. Who really likes reading more than a sentence, anyway? So as a sort of grand internet experiment, while also fulfilling my nostalgic side, I've created Daily McBeal.

I don't know whether to be upset that Daily McBeal is finding an audience even more quickly than this blog (or my personal Tumblr - same content as here, different site) that I put actual effort into, but whatever. I took screen captures of the show and transcribed some of my favorite quotes as I watched, so the hard work is already done. I can't imagine the readerships of Daily McBeal and Kevin Babbles will have much of an overlap, so don't feel obligated to follow it if it's not your thing. But if you prefer photos of Lucy Liu and Robert Downey Jr. to my babbling, you might want to check it out!

No comments: