2007-03-18

Statuesque

Often when I contemplate my higher educational experience, I question why I did not attend a more religious institution. Like a Seventh-day Adventist university, for example. I would agree that the Bible should be read both literally and exclusively. Poe is for heathens. Plus, school is just something I do while waiting for the the second-coming of Christ - because that will be sweet.

Well, anyway, today I've finally visited such a school and found it to be swell. There were these three large statues with some sort of Prodigal Son religious significance that was lost on me thanks in part to their complete ridiculousness.


Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Hate the sin, ride in the arms of the sinner.


Jessica is swept up in His Majesty.


This one is the best. He is supposed to be dignified, but he looks like he's wearing nothing under his trench coat and is prepared to streak. WWJD, dude?

And, heh, check out this funny story about someone trying to jump these same statues with eir car. Behold: even a Hummer cannot penetrate God's might.

No comments: