2007-03-25

Meat the Gang

Today Alec and I, and truthfully just Alec, barbecue $30 worth of meat. There are no side dishes, not even buns, just straight up meat. And it is good. Dan, Andrew, and Wes come for the gorging and expectedly the conversation is hilarious between our chewing. Though I cannot recall the train of thought that leads us there, someone brings up gangs. Dan refers to himself as a Crip, but I quickly refute this notion pointing out his red shirt (Crips wear blue/Bloods wear red.) "I'm in both," Dan insists. Everyone laughs at that preposterousness. Andrew notes that it's like a cliched sitcom plot line where someone is secretly trying to maintain two conflicting identities with increasingly difficulty (think Mrs. Doubtfire or the teen heartthrob juggling two dates at the prom). We all imagine the possibilities, like showing up to the wrong meeting with the wrong color. "This red? Oh, I just... killed a Blood. Yeah. And I... stole his clothes. Right." After twenty minutes of similar hilarity, the episode would come to a meaningful conclusion when the two-timing gang member admits what he's been up to. In the end, as Andrew surmises, "It would be okay, because both gangs would appreciate his honesty."

Suddenly, my screenwriting dreams have awakened again. One way or another, this needs to hit the small screen.

No comments: