2010-05-11

Paparazzi

Quick! I gotta comment on this viral video before no one cares tomorrow.



So I guess the deal is that he's kind of like Justin Bieber? I'm only familiar with Bieber through his Saturday Night Live appearance and the website Lesbians Who Look Like Justin Bieber, so you could have told me this was him and I wouldn't have known the difference. Actually, I might have been able to tell since this guy's haircut isn't dykey enough, but we all can improve at something.

I'm not sure how he managed to have only girls in the background while playing at a school function, but I love how even with a stacked deck, most of them are wholly disinterested. Granted, there's the blonde girl in the top row who is learning what hormones are during the performance, but I'm drawn to the blond girl whose head is situated between the kid's chest and the piano. Her expression doesn't change once and I am the one swooning... for her apathy.

Meanwhile, my favorite part is checking out the healthy rump of the teacher at the clip's conclusion. Hey, it's not my fault the footage is framed without her face! I'm digging that schoolmarm outfit. And there's such poignancy in her final words: "He just taught Lady Gaga a lesson." That lesson? No matter how talented and innovative you are, you will never be as popular as a pre-teen with moppy hair.

What is this guy's name, by the way?! I want to twitter trend him!!!

2 comments:

Gay LDS Actor said...

I thought it was interesting that the day after I read your post, this video went viral in a major way. Here's an article about it (although his interpretation of the girls' expressions is diametrically different than yours). Now you can know his name, if you don't already. Cheers!

http://www.popeater.com/2010/05/12/greyson-michael-chance-oklahoma-youtube-singer/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl7|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeater.com%2F2010%2F05%2F12%2Fgreyson-michael-chance-oklahoma-youtube-singer%2F

Kevin said...

I can't claim to have discovered the video or anything - I saw it on a couple of other blogs - but I don't mind being ahead of the curve.

And yeah, I do disagree with his assessment of some of those girls' attraction. I'm sure they're, excuse the pun, gaga for him now that he's an internet sensation. Preteen girls have crushes on whoever their friends have crushes on.