2009-01-12

Songsmith Will Rock Your World

Go figure that right after Christmas passes, I finally discover something that I desperately want. Microsoft has come out with a new product called Songsmith, software that allows you to sing into your computer and it'll compose music to accompany your vocals. Finally, you don't have to worry about being out of tune, since the tune will be crafted around your abilities. You can never hit a wrong note!

Microsoft's advertisement for Songsmith is magical. It's four minutes, but worth every second. Microsoft really needs to fire their marketing team, unless the are intentionally trying to make their supposedly hip, new product look like an utter joke.



Those songs are horrible. And while it makes sense that a preteen would enjoy it, the notion that someone would use Songsmith to advance eir career is preposterous. (It's a good thing glow-in-the-dark towels practically sell themselves, I don't understand how I've lived this long without them.) Almost as absurd as someone in a band using Songsmith to "write" songs.

I haven't simultaneously loathed yet wanted a product this much since the Snuggie. Mix CDs will never be the same! Just think how much better "Fuck Yes, Poop I Would Eat Hers" could be.

Mark the day: music and technology have concurrently officially peaked. It's all downhill from here. I think I'll "write" a song about it.

No comments: