2011-03-26

March Madness


Forget Christmas, THIS is the most wonderful time of the year.

I have fallen victim to March Madness in the worst way. I rarely waste my time watching sports, and yet I sit on the couch all day long watching basketball for the entirety of the month. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it. Especially now that my favorite team, UConn, has made the Final Four. It's all about Kemba Walker, folks. Learn that name even if you don't care about sports, because he'll be on Sprite commercials in a few years, mark my words.

And then there's Butler, the team I fell in love with last year, upsetting everybody to make it back to the Final Four, as well. Those scrappy kids are for sure America's sweethearts. I don't make a habit of calling people who disagree with me terrorists (which may in itself make me un-American), but if you don't love Butler, you are a terrorist. Simple as.

If UConn and Butler face each other in the final game, I don't even know what I'll do. I'll just cheer for them to go into over-time infinitely. As that amazing game never finishes, I'll slowly waste away on the couch - but with a smile on my face!

No comments: