2010-04-29

Cougar Life

Okay, this whole Cougar fad has reached new levels of absurdity.

Have you heard of CougarLife.com? It's a dating website that pairs older women and younger men for, um, "dating." I learned about it last night while listening to the radio (98.7FM in LA) at some point past midnight. An advertisement came on that shook me to the core. No seriously, you've got to listen to this.


(Follow link at the end of the post if this player doesn't work for you.)

Initially, I found the ad risque yet ridiculous, but by the time the song kicks in halfway through, my mouth opened wide. Experiencing genuine shock, I considered pulling my car over, afraid that I might get in an accident from the way I was reacting to the advertisement. It takes a lot to make me blush, but this spot was unexpectedly obscene enough to do it.

While searching for the commercial audio, I also found this similarly over-the-top television commercial:


All right, all right, I'll sign up!

(Audio track originally posted at Mark Edwards 3.0)

3 comments:

Stacy said...

That is actually unbelievable. Part of me really thinks you recorded that yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha, I hear this every night at work. But under the bleep the jingle says "date". They play both versions on the radio.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I heard the same commercial on the radio and had the exact same response! I thought I was going to wreck the car I was laughing so hard. I was searching for it online to show a friend how absurd it was and found this page!