2010-04-26

The Power of Christ Compels You

...to watch this video.



I enjoy this way more than I should, especially because I think she's having a seizure, though I suppose she might just be caught up in a moment of divine rapture.

That never-ending prayer is all sorts of nutty. Though a lot of it offends me on a basic level, the part where she criticizes people for "worshipping the intellectual mind" really gets my goat. This is a college graduation! If you are not in support of learning and intelligence, why go to college? I'm sure there are some great religious organizations that will be willing to take a comparable amount of money from you and do all of your thinking for you.

But my favorite part of this video is the reaction (or non-reaction) of the school official. The man's nonchalant request for an ambulance is great. Things get downright comical, however when, while she's still writhing on the floor, he says, "We've heard the benediction, now let's begin the processional." They all put on their hats as if nothing else is happening, which is exactly how you should respond to a fanatic.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

What school is this???

Kevin said...

It said a public school in Texas, but the comments section on YouTube suggested it was Midwestern State University.

Ted said...

Holy shit Kevin I can't start my morning watching videos like that.

Ted said...

Holy shit Kevin I can't start my morning watching videos like that.

Lena said...

A part of me thinks she may have been filled with the Holy Spirit, but a bigger part of me thinks she was having a ceasure.