2009-03-23

What's Your Sign?

I don't really believe in astrology (with perhaps one exception), and I find conversations on the topic pretty ridiculous. As I see it, anytime someone brings up "your sign," it's nothing more than a way to hit on you. Once someone knows your sign, ey can claim to know something about you, even though ey have no freaking clue, and move the conversation forward. It's bogus.

Angel validates my astrology theory by sharing a story about someone who hit on him.

Angel: Some guy asked me my sign, and I told him Pisces. He's like, "Ooooh, water sign." Then he whispered into my ear, "I'm a Leo, I could eat you alive."
Assorted Friends: (half-laughing/half-gagging)
Jacob: That line could only work for a Leo, you couldn't say that with another sign.
Angel: Right. Well, except maybe, "I'm a Cancer..."

(Posting a cancer joke just a day after paying tribute to a cervical cancer victim? Clearly I don't know the definition of "too soon.")