2010-01-10

Some FRANK Polls

POLL TIME!

If you could meet any artist, living or dead, who would it be?

A. Pablo Picasso
B. Claude Monet
C. Henri Matisse
D. Lisa Frank

I'd choose D, Lisa Frank, for her groundbreaking work of rainbows and cute things. No one understands colors and fourth grade girls better than Lisa.


As much as I like making "Lisa Frank as a serious artist" jokes, I tend not to make them, because I'll often botch the punch line and accidentally say "Anne Frank" instead. And, well, to say the least, referencing "Anne Frank" definitely changes the tone of the joke.

As far as Lisa and Anne go, I can't think of any similarities beyond a shared last name. Perhaps they were sisters? (I told you the basement was a better hiding space!)

But anyway, that leads me to my NEXT POLL!

What do you consider to be the biggest Anne Frank tragedy?

A. Like Vincent Van Gogh, her work was not published and appreciated until after her death.
B. Like Harper Lee, she lacked the talent to produce a second work that lived up to the quality and success of her first book.

This time, I vote B. It's called the sophomore slump, and it's a shame she fell prey to writer's block and a long, fatal descent into booze and pills.

That is how she died, right? Oh. Well that's really terrible. Quick! Lisa Frank, create a distraction!

Teeheehee, so cute! I'm glad that mistake works both ways.

No comments: