2009-11-23

My 1,000th Post

WOOOOOOOOO! Kevin Babbles is now 1,000 posts old. It's taken a lot of work to get this far. A lot of work indeed. In fact, it's the only job I've got going.

I am unemployed. It's not awful because the government provides me with some financial assistance. Then again, the government's action/inaction/dumbassery is at least partially responsible for the lack of jobs, so I'm not too thankful either. I'd rather be doing something than doing nothing, so let me know if you have any employment leads that might suit me. Also, I could always write things for you! Yes you, friends and random internet strangers alike. Just email me.

In the meantime, I'm consistently looking for opportunities, which are sadly limited, and writing countless cover letters that seem to go unread. Sigh. A couple of people have advised me to move out of Los Angeles if I want to find work. Check out this map to see the nation's unemployment trends. (Seriously, click the link - it's good for a laugh if you enjoy chuckling at tragic things.) Looks like I'd be screwed everywhere. Except perhaps the midwest, but I concur with Lucille Bluth's sage words:



Nowadays, I can't even give a job to get a job, if you know what i mean. Help a blogger out.

No comments: