2008-12-05

Children's Waltz

It’s been quite some time since we’ve celebrated a Free Design Friday. That’s a mistake I’d like rectify with the family band’s song “Children’s Waltz.”



Don’t worry, the song’s title isn’t literal, though it does manage to hit upon the only thing more annoying than children dancing: childish questions. Contrary to popular opinion, The lyrics stop just short of asking, “Are we there yet?”
Children’s Waltz
The Free Design

What makes a tree grow tall?
Why does a leaf turn to gold?
What makes the morning dew?
I wish I knew. I wish I knew.

What makes a raindrop fall?
Why does the nighttime grow cold?
What makes the sky so blue?
I wish I knew. I wish I knew.

Why are the stars so tiny?
Why is the sun so bright?
Why is the moon so shiny,
when it only comes out at night?


What makes a robin call?
Why is a grandmother old?
What makes a kitten mew?
I wish I knew. I wish I knew.

First of all, you couldn’t waltz to this song if you tried. Second of all, most of the answers to these questions could be found in an elementary science textbook. This does not speak well for home schooling, Free Design.

For your reference, as well as Free Design’s, I’ve gone through and typed each of their queries into http://www.Ask.com (RIP Jeeves!) and linked to the first relevant website with an answer. Well, all of them except for “Why is a grandmother old?” – that shit’s just dumb.

Seacrest out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

imagine being snidey about a free design lyric? as all parents know these questions and thousands more are asked by children constantly.