2008-05-11

Daft Punk

I have a friend who has made three CD purchases in the past several months after hearing and liking a song used in an iPod advertisement. I'd question eir susceptibility, but this person still doesn't own an iPod, so it's not utter conformity at any rate.

Who am I to judge, anyway? My musical tastes have been influenced by television advertisements, too. I still recall being so enamored with the following Gap commercial that I had to download it so I could watch it at whim.

Though I was previously familiar with the dance/electronica band Daft Punk, I didn't purchase their music until falling for what is still my favorite Daft Punk song, "Digital Love." Nearly a decade after that commercial originally aired, I'm still enjoying it. It's not selling out when it's cool, by the way.

Daft Punk - Digital Love

Evidently, Daft Punk music is the gift that keeps on giving. In other words, fun begets fun. Last week, Michael Michael discovered the following Daft Punk inspired viral videos set to the tune of "Harder Better Faster Stronger," delighting everyone who watches. They genuinely, thoroughly impress me.

If you're the impatient type, it doesn't actually get started until forty-five seconds in and not until about half way through when the song goes into full speed and the gals show what they're really capable of.

Now, what if you wanted to watch a video with a similar concept, but instead of having underwear-clad women with boxes over their heads, the dance was completed solely on someone's hands? Well then, I'd offer you this video:


I want to be that cool.

1 comment:

lewis said...

i just want juliette lewis to knock it off with the scientology!!