2007-05-28

What Is This MM?

I finally got around to posting photographs of my friends graduating. How cute are they? This year's class featured a lot of genuinely good people who I enjoyed spending great times with and will miss as their subsequent adventures inevitably take them to bigger and better things than me.

For the graduation ceremony, I made Margarita Monday stickers and ran around placing them on everyone who attends with frequency. Consequently, many of my friends appear branded with the tags in their post-grad photographs alongside friends and families. Were I a diabolical alcoholic genius, (and, ahem, I am not,) I might have planned for that to happen. Instead, it was merely a merry unforeseen result.



Another merry unforeseen result was placing the stickers on my friends. When I flattened a sticker onto his daughters' chests, Mark commented with a smile, " I know what you're up to." Again, I didn't consider it ahead of time, but it did permit me to get up-close and personal with some sun-dress-clad-breasts. I made sure to conduct my business innocently, but I ran into trouble when slapping a sticker onto Heather. From over her shoulder, Heather's father tells her to stop letting "this guy" feel up her breast. I make eye contact with him, but can't hold it and as I try to stutter an explanation, I become so frightened that I literally flee. When I bring up the situation later to discuss how awkward it was she just laughs and says how he was being sarcastic and didn't actually care. I mentioned that the sarcasm was hard to read and Heather countered that her dad shares her humor and it all made sense. Heather's sarcasm is so strong, I assumed she hated me the first few months that I knew her. It is only fitting that on our initial "meeting," her dad would terrify me as well.

After finally leaving campus, Michael Michael, also wearing a MM sticker, stopped at the liquor store a block from my house. The person behind the register asked, "What is this MM? You're the tenth person to come in here with MM on your shirt." This comment is hilarious because that means that all of our friends were buying booze and unwittingly shopping at the same establishment. It's good to know that even on a Sunday, Margarita Mondayers are frequenting the spirits scene and stimulating the economy.

No comments: