2007-05-04

I Don't Get It: An Interaction with a Student

Student: Do you have an older brother?
Kevin: No.
Student: Do you have a younger brother?
Kevin: No.
Student: So you're an only child?
Kevin: No... I have a younger sister.
Student: Ooooo! Can I date her?
Kevin: She's kind of old for you.
Student: How old?
Kevin: A junior in college.
Student: That's okay, I like smart people.
Kevin: Unfortunately for you, so does she.
Student's Friends: hahahahaha
Student: I don't get it. Why is it funny?
Student's Friend: He dissed you.
Student: How? I don't get it.
Student's Friend: He said you're not smart.
Student: Oh. Hey! Mr. [Kevin], you're killing my self-esteem.
Kevin: I'm not saying you're not capable of being smart enough, just that you're not there yet. You know, I could give you a picture of my sister as your inspiration. You could keep looking at it to stay motivated to go to college to become smart enough to date her.
Student: Does she look like you?
Kevin: I don't know... Wait, is that why you want to date her?!
Student's Friends: hahahahaha
Student: I don't get it.

Aside to Alison: Let me know if you're interested. Don't worry, you're probably not actually too smart for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh sooo funnny. send me a pic of him. i'll decide then

Anonymous said...

and p.s. your sister is VERY smart. i got THREE (3) straight A's this semester! wooowza!!