2007-05-16

Color Me Good

Though I rarely watch music videos anymore, YouTube provides me with the occasional access to greatness, like my new favorite music video, Feist's "1, 2, 3, 4," which I present here:



For reasons I can't quite pinpoint, sometimes I am intrigued by colors. The color scheme of the outfits that this motley bunch sports is fascinating. Additionally, it features cheesy choreography. Nothing excites me more than average people performing ridiculous dance moves. (See: Fatboy Slim, OK Go.) If I could be granted one wish, it would be to participate in some elaborate, absurd dance with a large group of people. (My birthday fast approaches, hint hint.)

Before Feist's video, my previous favorite is by my dearest, Regina Spektor, which I share because it also is visually appealing due to its color:



With any luck, seeing as this song has been out for quite some time, you've already swooned and nearly dyed (poor pun) at the aesthetics of this video. Technically, it's the transition from the absence of color that causes this concept to work well. Though it's sappy and simple, I buy into it; Allison even claims she cried. Not only is the color captivating, but it provides me with some fond memories of my first year of college where my friends and I celebrated Holi:




No comments: