2007-05-29

Re-Xamined

Yesterday was Margarita Monday, which, as usual, was one of the highlights of the week. I'm pleased to say that in spite of that unfortunate graduation business, we're still maintaining a crowd of about a dozen. As long as practically lethal margaritas are two dollars, the tradition will continue!

Well into our second round, I asked where someone, Michael Michael I think, went, to which Preston responded, "He disappeared!" making a terrifically well played callback to my Zolar X incident. Making a fool of myself is no rare occurrence, but doing so in front of a 70s glam rock band fronting as aliens is quite an accomplishment. (<-- If you're not familiar with that story, you need to get reading it right now before proceeding further.) Since I think Zolar X is one of those musical acts you have to see believe, I leave the following for you to be perplexed by:



That story really is a riot, I fear my initial post doesn't do it the justice that multiple people chiming in embarrassing detail after detail creates. Jessica was laughing so hard, she shot margarita through her nose, which only served to extend the laughter. Within two minutes, Jessica had a full on nosebleed; I told you those margaritas were potent. Being the sadistic individual that I am, I felt good watching the embarrassment passed on to someone else for a change. Quick, everyone forget that I'm an oblivious drunk.

A while later, finding a tiny umbrella in someone's drink, I pick it up and pretend to put it over my head and sing one of my favorite songs of the moment, Rihanna's "Umbrella."
(Under my um-bah-rella ella ella ey ey ey...)



So I'm performing my song, probably thinking I'm all sorts of cute, too, when Michael Michael says, "You do realize that you're under two umbrellas, right?" I glance upwards and notice that, yes, not only am I pathetically gripping a flimsy drink umbrella, but I am also beneath one of the restaurant's oversized sun-shading umbrellas. Suddenly, I recognize myself to be a fool again. With "fence" likes these (and some assistance from a margarita or three,) I will never have to worry about losing my humility, with or without the presence of alien musicians.

No comments: