2007-01-24

Talking Behind My Back

Inevitably, people will talk behind your back. Though I'm now at a point in my life where I strive to engage in that as little as possible, I can't hold everyone to the same standards.

Recently, after receiving an update on my life's activities, an old friend has been quoted as saying, "Good to know he landed on his feet head."

While the commenter does not know that this quip has been passed on to me, (perhaps ey will now), I must admit I find it hysterical. If you're going to make some sort of negative comment, you should at least make sure it's funny. I'd rather have the fodder discreetly directed toward me be clever rather than a series of unflattering swears. As I see it, the insult was so amusing, I only wish it was said to my face.

Cheers!

No comments: