2007-01-23

A Follow Up

A few weeks back, I posted a sample Match Game question. I must admit that I'm a bit disappointed with the response. I'm not going to blog anymore if y'all don't play Match Game with me. Special thanks to Gina, Joce, and Janelle for being daring enough to provide their hilarious answers, particularly Jocelyn, who was kind enough to do so even after I made fun of her dear state of Utah.

First, let's recap the question posed:
Stella the Starlet said, "I don't mind the newspaper printing a story about my sex life, but did they have to put it in the __(BLANK)___ section?".

Gina and Janelle both said "obituaries," which is indeed a hilarious answer. When the question was asked on the television show, three of the six panelists shared this answer, so clearly they are not alone.

Jocelyn said "puzzles, (jumble, particularly)" which made me laugh, though I'm not positive I get it, to tell you the truth. Care to defend the response, Joce?

On the real show, the other popular answer was either "Want Ads" or "Help Wanted," which is also delightful.

Though I'm generally good at this game, I did not even have the two most popular answers cross my mind, or puzzles for that matter. When I first heard the question, my immediate response was "Sports" as if to indicate that Stella's sexual exploits are a frequent occurrence that people follow on a daily basis. Ultimately, though, I went with "Business," because the business section demonstrates the strategically profitable enterprise of celebrity relationships. Furthermore, it'd imply Stella's a whore. Alas, no star matched that answer, though one of them, as well as the contestant, did say sports.

Thanks for playing. Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more exciting Match Game fun.

No comments: