2007-01-27

Not So Safety Dance

My favorite student that is not in my class is this dorky kid who hangs out outside my classroom before school starts. Though I've never exchanged more than a hello with the student, I admire the kid's spirit. Each time I spot em, ey's doing something bizarre, be it doing hand stands, spinning in small circles until dizzy, and attempting to balance an umbrella on eir face.

One of the more amazing things I witnessed em do was try to impress a friend with this "new, awesome song" ey had just heard. The kid then proceeds to break into a full on robot dance as ey sings/echoes "S-S-S-S-S-S-A-A-A-A-A-F-F-F-F-F-F..." and performs a full "Safety Dance" routine, completely choreographed, oblivious to the fact the friend was utterly confused. Indeed, it was amazing.

In an event that I'm sure can't be too unrelated, a few days later I watched em get beat up.

No comments: