2006-02-10

Well-Red

Remember the racist Women's Center Party? Well, they went with the red theme after all. Last night, Lacey, Andrew, Amelia, and I put lipstick on our face to protest or be offensive or something of that nature.

Despite our intention of raising a stink, no one called us on our war paint. No one stands up for the Native Americans, I tell ya.

Karma struck this morning, however, when I failed to remember to wash the lipstick off my face. I had forgotten to the previous night, and waking up this morning, not being the type to give myself a look over in the mirror, I proceeded to go to a morning meeting and lunch oblivious to my appearance. It's one thing to be purposely offensive to make a statement at an event. It's another entirely to continue wearing the paint the next day while going about your normal schedule. Oops. Time to walk that Trail of Tears.

No comments: