2006-02-04

A Special Discovery

In case yesterday wasn't enough of a hint, I tend to dabble in the inappropriate.

At the Goodwill store, I make a discovery: a red t-shirt with the following image:


It's horrible! It's tasteless! I want it! There is one obstacle, though. Goodwill employs several mentally disabled individuals, and one such person is currently operating the register. I can't buy this shirt under these circumstances, can I? Apparently, I can, though I hate myself a little bit for doing so.

As you might expect, I've been getting mixed reactions about the shirt. "Isn't that wrong?" one person asked. Certainly it could be, but I think it's all in the interpretation. "Special kids are my business" could mean so many things, you'd have to assume the worst of me to get upset. And really, that's just unfair.

No comments: