2010-12-13

Blog Resurrected

Hey friends/readers/pedophiles-who-understandably-don't-realize-this-blog-is-written-by-an-adult,

I have a backlog of things I've been wanting to post lately, but that'll have to wait, because today I almost lost a dear friend... this blog.

As some of you may have noticed, my blog disappeared. This weekend, my Google account, which hosts my blog, was compromised. Hackers then used this password to delete my blog entirely.

When I discovered the situation, I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. I didn't even know how to process it. Yeah, it's just a blog, but I've poured more than five years of effort into this thing, and losing that much of my writing is devastating. Though in the previous year I've begun backing up some of the posts, the vast majority of it was gone.

Thankfully, after I wrote them for assistance, Google was able to retrieve my data. I can't even express what a relief this is. Losing it, even briefly, made me realize just how important Kevin Babbles is as an outlet for me. Lately, I can't honestly say I've given it my all, but it's not because I no longer care.

Apologies that this post isn't remotely entertaining, but I did want to thank all of my readers for being supportive and giving this place some validation. Though I tell myself that I mainly maintain this site for myself, I'm sure I would have quit long ago were it not for the number of hits and your positive reinforcement; it means a lot to me. I'll be back tomorrow with a better post, hackers willing.

Oh, and on that note, fuck a hacker. Hackers shouldn't be so mean to strangers. That's my job.

No comments: