2010-06-29

Poo Cake


My mom made my sister and me a belated birthday cake in the shape of/frosted as Winnie the Pooh. I didn't think anything could top Lisa's Banana Stand cake, but my mom really went for it. I gifted my mom the Cake Wrecks book for Christmas and I fear she might have taken it personally. She is clearly very creative and I meant it only as a source of amusement, not criticism.

But better than the decoration are the accidental poop puns that have resulted from the cake.

"Who wants pooh?"
"Did you eat any more pooh last night?"
"I think pooh tastes better cold."

When my mom excitedly told my neighbor that she made a cake "that looked like pooh," his face read of utter disgust until provided with additional context.

I have laughed every single time, like a ten-year-old. So if you were wondering, "Aren't you too old for a Pooh cake?" I think that clears up that concern.

No comments: