2009-07-24

The Power Agents Are Spreading God's Word

A couple of months ago, a friend gave me a CD that this person knew I would love:

This friend was absolutely right.

How my friend obtained this CD is a hilarious story in its own right, but in order to keep people out of trouble, I either have to keep my friend anonymous or the kids' anonymous, and frankly, the Power Agents are better to share.

Power Agents is a singing duo comprised of two pre-teen sisters named Triniti and Destini. They love God so much, they were moved to write eleven of their own songs and record a CD.

Is it good? No. Is it bad? Not completely, anyway. The girls are ridiculous. If you're not a Jesus-freak, you'll probably snicker at the lyrics. And like any songs featuring children's voices, it gets annoying quickly. Still, I find the Power Agents's music useful: I pop it in my car CD player from time to time to get a rise out of my passengers, and it never fails to get a laugh. Plus, I have to admire the girl's mastery of the supplemental spoken word portions of songs. You can hear them do this throughout the, uh, hit "Talk 2 U Lord":



"So Destini, what do you want to tell God?"
"I want to tell him that I love him and I thank him. What do you want to tell him, Triniti?"
"I want to tell him that I adore him and I worship him because he's so cool."

It sounds like just a natural conversation between two sisters, not forced at all.

As a point of comparison, I find their music reminscent of another sister duo: Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. In her younger years, my sister owned audio cassette tapes recorded by the twins. M.K.&A.O. certainly couldn't sing, but it wasn't about that... I'm not sure what it was about, actually, but it wasn't the singing.


I should be too embarrassed to admit this, but I haven't heard the song "Brother for Sale" in more than a decade, yet I still seem to know most of the words.

Back to Triniti & Destini. All joking aside, the first track on their album, "Power (Acts 1:8)," is insanely catchy. I'd dare say I even legitimately like it. When I've played it for friends, they, sometimes reluctantly, have the same opinion. Watch the girls perform lip-synch the song at some event:


Hear that dance beat? Shake what God gave you!

If you'd like to buy the Power Agents's CD, check out their website. Also, if you order in bulk, in multiples of 100 (your 300 closest friends would love this music!) then you get free shipping. Recognize a deal when you see one, folks.

My favorite part of their website is this testimonial from one of the girls:
HOW I KNOW THAT GOD IS REAL - By Destini - I know God is real. He gives me the music and the words to the songs I write, (Live A Life Of Love, Tell the Truth & Power). He just puts them in my head. I also know God is real and I know it is GOD who has kept me safe. When I was 3 years old, I was jumping on a trampoline in my uncle’s back yard and I thought I saw another trampoline. So I jumped on it, but it was a thin cover over his Jacuzzi. I sank 3 times then God taught me how to swim and how to get out of there alive. One time I was trying to turn off a night light with wet hands and I got shocked really bad all the lights in the house went off. I could have died but GOD saved me. I love the Lord & I Love to praise Him & thank Him for keeping me safe.

Mark my words, that girl will not live to see 16. And that's a shame, because these gals are a team. What would Milli be without Vanilli? I guess we'll just have to enjoy the semi-cute, semi-frightening music while it lasts. Hear more of their tunes for free at Power Agents's myspace page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. I would like to get updated with you new posts as I love to read your blog. Add me to your mailing list if you have any.

Kevin said...

As you are anonymous, I am not sure how to do that!

PowerAgents said...

Funny story I was looking for a link to submit as an art supplement for the common app and I came across your article on my sister and I btw I lived to see 16 and I am so happy I read this and did not use it as a link and the article was actually funny