2008-07-23

Ten New Links

I've updated several links in the past month; rather than hope you discover them on your own, I'm going to be pushy and call your attention to them here, as well. And so I present, in random order, ten new links for your viewing pleasure.

* When I cohabited with Jef my freshman year of college, I knew I was a fan of his art when he posted a series of self-drawn comics about child molesters in the hall. These days, he posts his comics at Jef Harmatz Is Gay.


* Kirsten got a prestigious fellowship award to Korea and is giving witty, insightful accounts of the experience at Korea Kirsten.

* If you're a fan of Found Magazine, passive aggression, or like me, both, you need to check out Passive Aggressive Notes.

* Amy is as adventuresome as they come and you can see eir take a crossword puzzle to task at Adventures!

* If you're Caucasian, or just wish you were, you need to keep up with the latest trends at Stuff White People Like. Begrudgingly, I must admit that they call me out on stuff that I like, including writers workshops, Arrested Development, indie music, and unpaid internships. It's the finest satire of its sort since Black People Love Us, which is still amazing and, ohmguh, needs to be added to the links list, too.

* When I first started this blog, Jenna was my very first guest-blogger, if you can call it that. Jenna is still working with primates, eir studies currently taking eir to Puerto Rico where ey spends eir time collecting and examining monkey poop. I shit you not -- that's so real! Also, all of the monkeys have herpes, so if they should bite, scratch, or have sex with eir, Jenna could get meningitis and die. If that's not exciting enough for you, then don't even bother visiting Monkey Island Adventures.

* Plastic Is Forever is legitimately inspirational. It's by a pair of twenty-somethings who have pledged to not use more than one new piece of plastic per day to cut down on plastic consumption; the writers share their trials and tribulations with this surprisingly difficult lifestyle since plastic is everywhere. While I can't claim to be nearly as good as they are, I have made an effort to follow their model and cut back.

* Since beginning eir new job at Hulu, Jocelyn has ditched her personal blog to instead provide a Hulu Home Companion. If you're not familiar with Hulu, it's the best new way to watch television and movies on the internet, as it adds an innovative new twist: It's legal! Mind-boggling, eh? At the new blog, Jocelyn wades through the many episodes and clips available on Hulu, and mimes eir feelings about them. No, really.

* For my fellow grammarians, check out The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks. If you think it might grow boring seeing pictures of misused quotation marks, you are wrong. That, or you're not a true English nerd.



* Crummy Church Signs provides an endless supply of puzzling and laughable signs posted outside of places of worship.


If you have another link you would like to have whored out, give me a shout. I can be pretty nice and, failing that, do love to whore things out.

No comments: