2012-05-09

Overheard at Trader Joe's


Woman 1: Well it was so good to run into you. Let's get together soon.
Woman 2: I know, we'll make it happen. Goodbye!
Woman 1: Bye!… Oh wait, one more thing, how do you like Fifty Shades of Grey?
Woman 2: (astonished) Wait, what?
Woman 1: Have you read it?
Woman 2: I'm reading it right now! How did you know?
Woman 1: I just figured, of course you'd read that.
Woman 2: I love it, I can't put it down.
Woman 1: Yeah, I just tore through the whole trilogy!
Woman 2: I'm still reading the first one.
Woman 1: Well enjoy it!
Woman 2: Oh trust me, I AM! I still can't believe you knew I was reading that.

She knew you were reading that because you have the same awful taste as her. She knew you were reading that because you don't read anything unless ten million other women read it first. She knew you were reading that because you wouldn't know good writing if it tied you up and performed oral sex on you.  

No comments: