2006-04-10

A Thesis Statement If I've Ever Heard One

Sorry for being so irregular lately. (That's in terms of my postings, not menstruation. Though come to think of it, I still haven't gotten a period!) (That sentence concluded with a exclamation point because I couldn't end a sentence about not having a period with a period.) Anyway, I'm still in the thick of my thesis, but my life still includes some hilarity. While meeting with one of my readers, we discussed the intricacies of Paris Hilton's celebrity, because, yes, I devote a page of my thesis to Hilton, as you'd expect of any scholarly paper. My reader insisted Hilton is famous because she's rich, but I countered that while plenty of people are rich, Hilton achieves a larger amount of press because of the vile things she does. My professor agreed, providing that I acknowledge the advantages of being born wealthy. "Okay," my professor said. "Just don't forget to mention that she has several legs up... That didn't come out right."

No comments: