2006-04-22

Giving It My (C)Best

This morning I woke up at 7:30 after just a few hours of sleep, semi-hungover, ate a couple handfuls of jelly beans for breakfast, then proceeded to take the CBEST, a test to get teacher accreditation. Though I saw people in the parking lot studying for the exam, I had only prepared by buying some #2 pencils. My understanding was that it was a general proficiency test; if I need to cram in order to function at a ninth-grade level, I do not feel worthy of the esteemed distinction of being "generally proficient." I raced through the test as quickly as possible, unwilling to give any single question much thought. Today is also the second day of Kohoutek, Pitzer's hippie music festival, so I needed to get back and inebriated by noon for the first band. I look to be well on my way to being a fantastic teacher.

No comments: