2013-04-14

When a Woman's at the Wheel


I can't stop watching this laugh-out-loud sexist commercial.

I was pretty old before I first heard the "women are bad drivers" stereotype. The world is still littered with gendered prejudices, but that's just not a belief that carried over to my generation, at least not in my neck of the woods. But seeing this ad paints a pretty clear picture of just how inferior female drivers were considered. The campaign is literally, "Sometimes your idiot wife is going to have to drive, so you better have some fucking amazing tires so she doesn't kill everyone."

I think women getting the right to vote is important, but after seeing this commercial, I wonder if giving them the right to drive is a step too far. Look out, there's a woman on the road!

Click here to see the list of other offensive commercials I compiled.

No comments: